8.10.2010

Guest Room Project#2- The Dressers


The jumping off point for this whole guest room re-do was my childhood dresser.




{The before}


It was mine when I was a baby- it converts to a changing table- and it followed me through college and into our first home, but it shows its age. Old hardware and a blah brown finish didn't help the aesthetics of the room. With my mother not too happy at first, I decided to repaint it and update the hardware.



{New Hardware too!}

The drawers got a few coats of white, and the body of the dresser a coat of Ralph Lauren's Modern Loft- a brilliant navy blue that we also used in our Master Bedroom. Since the paint was flowing the other dresser got a splash of navy too.


{Before}




I kept the original ceramic hardware that my Pap gave the dresser back in the day. Needless to say, I was soo happy that when I showed my mom the pictures of the newly finished dressers, and she loved them. I always tell Erik and my family that I know they think I'm crazy when I come up with these plans, but in the end everything works out. The dresser has a crisp, clean feel and with everything else that was done in the room it looks much more modern. I still have to share the rest of the room, so don't be shy...


{Sorry for the blurry pics, no flash and tired hands from all that painting!}


3 comments:

  1. Does everyone have this kind of dresser set? I've been dreaming about re-doing mine, too but I'm afraid of a peely paint look. Did you prime yours first? Sand it? I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did lots of sanding, and I used Behr's paint and primer in one for the finish. I also hope to poly the top for added protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say, but comments may be monitored for those few who are 'Debbie-Downers'. This is a creative outlet, I'm no expert, I just like to show others what I'm doing 'round the house. Like it or leave it.