5.02.2009

DIY: Etched Glass Jars

    
As mentioned earlier, I love organizing my home and labels are my favorite part of it. However if you are working in the kitchen paper labels are not the best idea especially if your containers are ever going to need to be washed. Again, leave it to Martha to solve the problem. Here is her directions for putting glass etched labels on your glass storage containers:





1. Clean and dry the glass. Using painter's tape, mark off the area you want to etch. Attach vinyl stick-on letters and decorative tape; press hard to ensure they are attached firmly. 

2. Cover work surfaces (be sure to work in a well-ventilated area). Put on protective gloves and an old shirt with long sleeves. Paint an even layer of etching cream onto glass. Let stand for amount of time indicated by manufacturer's instructions. 

3. Rinse with warm water in a stainless steel sink. (Avoid porcelain sinks; the cream damages glazed surfaces.) Remove letters and tape.

© Martha Stewart.com


These glass jars from Ikea would be perfect for etching. 


I MUST do this immediately! Flour, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and chocolate chips here I come!

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you have to say, but comments may be monitored for those few who are 'Debbie-Downers'. This is a creative outlet, I'm no expert, I just like to show others what I'm doing 'round the house. Like it or leave it.